Submission Guidelines for Undergraduate Theses—Restricted

Who Can Submit

Undergraduate Theses—Restricted only publishes materials that were in fulfillment of a Senior Honors Project. For additional information, please contact

How to Submit a Paper

1. Please make sure your document is a (PDF). If you need help formatting your paper, please visit the ARC or email the ARC at this address:

2. Write an abstract for your paper (up to 250 words). Please also select keywords (10 maximum). These are words that will help a user locate your paper through a search.

3. Submit the paper by clicking on the submission link and creating an account. Also, you may email it to if that is easier. Include in an email message the following things: abstract; keywords; name, affiliation (department and university), names and departments of advisors/committee, and an email address for each author.

4. If you have any questions, contact

Overview of the Process

After you submit your paper, we will publish it on the site. You will be notified by e-mail when the paper is posted.

How to Revise Your Paper

If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to We will be able to inform repository users about the new version.

If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.

Copyright Registration

Though there is no formal requirement that you register your work for it to receive copyright protection, there are a few advantages to copyright registration. According to WUSTL Intellectual Property Policy, students own copyright to their work (see Sections 3.b.2 and 3.b.3). You may electronically register your work with the U.S. Copyright Office here. For simple notice purposes, you might mark your document with "© + year." Alternatively, you may consider using a license available from Creative Commons. For questions or additional information, please contact