This item is accessible only to the Washington University community.

Off-Campus WUSTL Users: Click the “Off-Campus Download” button below. You will be prompted to log in using your WUSTL Key.

Author's School

Brown School of Social Work

Date Submitted

Fall 12-12-2014



Download Full Text (5.1 MB)


Housing Choice Vouchers (HCVs) provide low-income households subsidies to afford housing they could not otherwise afford. Tenant pays 30% of rent and the government pays the remaining 70%. Goals of HCVs are to provide improved access to housing and to promote integration of urban neighborhoods. Researchers have long suspected that HCVs are not accomplishing their goals, and a growing body of literature supports this hypothesis. This poster examines where HCV recipients are located in St. Louis and how clustered those households are compared to other low income residents.


Social Work

Housing Choice Vouchers in St. Louis City and County
Off-campus Download